What your general dentist in Chattanooga, TN, wants you to know
If you have a damaged smile, you don’t have to just live with it. Dental crowns can restore severely broken teeth and get you back to chewing again. Dental bridges can replace missing teeth that you thought were gone forever. You can have a beautiful smile you will be proud to show off, all with dental crowns and bridges. Your general dentist, Dr. Joel Bookout, in Chattanooga, TN, wants to share what dental crowns and bridges can do for you and your smile.
Dental crowns are the perfect choice to repair and restore teeth that are:
- Badly damaged or broken
- Weak and brittle from root canal treatment
- Crumbling from old, clunky metal fillings
You may also want dental crowns for cosmetic reasons. In fact dental crowns are sometimes used to change the shape and position of teeth, or even to cover up deep discolorations and defects in tooth enamel.
When you choose dental crowns, Dr. Bookout will make your new crowns look as close to your natural teeth as possible. He can do this because he uses materials that blend with your smile, to create a harmonious look. You can choose from:
- Full porcelain, which is the most lifelike crown available; porcelain is translucent and reflects light, just like your natural teeth. Your porcelain crown will also resist staining, so it will remain beautiful for years to come.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal, which combines the strength of a metal foundation with the natural beauty of porcelain; these crowns offer superb strength and are a great choice for back teeth.
- Dental bridges are an excellent choice to fill in the gaps caused by missing teeth. They look natural and provide additional tooth surface to help with chewing function. You can replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth with dental bridges. Unlike partials, you don’t ever remove a dental bridge, making them a convenient option.
If you are coping with a damaged, incomplete smile, dental crowns and bridges are the choice to make. To restore your smile to greatness call your general dentist, Dr. Joel Bookout, in Chattanooga, TN. Get started on your strong, beautiful smile by calling today!