Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Dentures offer important oral health benefits. Our Chattanooga, TN, dentist, Dr. Joel Bookout, discusses a few reasons you may want to consider dentures.
Feeling good about the way you look can become challenging after tooth loss. A loss of confidence can affect your personal relationships and even limit your career prospects if you're employed. Dentures don't just restore your full smile, but can also help boost your self-esteem.
Does a diet of pudding and soup sound appetizing to you? Although a soft diet may be fine for a few days, it quickly loses its appeal. Unfortunately, if you don't have teeth, you won't be able to tear, shred, and chew foods. Soft diets may not contain all of the nutrients you need, but swallowing foods whole might cause gastrointestinal issues you don't need. Restoring your teeth with full, partial, or implant-supported dentures makes eating enjoyable again.
Protection for your remaining teeth
If you happen to have a few remaining teeth, it's only natural to want to protect them. Those teeth can quickly become worn down if they have to handle the entire burden of chewing. Partial dentures will help restore your smile and protect your teeth from wear and tear.
When you visit our Chattanooga office, we'll help you choose the dentures that are right for you. Options include:
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are created using an impression of your mouth to ensure a proper fit and reduce slipping or irritation.
- Immediate Dentures: You'll receive immediate dentures immediately after your teeth are pulled. Placing the dentures in your mouth immediately helps in wound healing and also eases the adjustment process. The dentures will need to be relined or rebased as your mouth heals or eventually replaced with full dentures.
- Partial Dentures: These dentures hook over your teeth to fill gaps in your smile.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: The latest denture option consists of a fixed or removable denture attached to dental implants placed in your jawbone. Implant-supported dentures offer improved comfort and don't decrease your biting power.
Restore your smile with dentures! Call Chattanooga, TN, dentist, Dr. Bookout, at (423) 698-3607 to schedule an appointment.
What your general dentist in Chattanooga, TN, wants you to know
If you have a damaged smile, you don’t have to just live with it. Dental crowns can restore severely broken teeth and get you back to chewing again. Dental bridges can replace missing teeth that you thought were gone forever. You can have a beautiful smile you will be proud to show off, all with dental crowns and bridges. Your general dentist, Dr. Joel Bookout, in Chattanooga, TN, wants to share what dental crowns and bridges can do for you and your smile.
Dental crowns are the perfect choice to repair and restore teeth that are:
- Badly damaged or broken
- Weak and brittle from root canal treatment
- Crumbling from old, clunky metal fillings
You may also want dental crowns for cosmetic reasons. In fact dental crowns are sometimes used to change the shape and position of teeth, or even to cover up deep discolorations and defects in tooth enamel.
When you choose dental crowns, Dr. Bookout will make your new crowns look as close to your natural teeth as possible. He can do this because he uses materials that blend with your smile, to create a harmonious look. You can choose from:
- Full porcelain, which is the most lifelike crown available; porcelain is translucent and reflects light, just like your natural teeth. Your porcelain crown will also resist staining, so it will remain beautiful for years to come.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal, which combines the strength of a metal foundation with the natural beauty of porcelain; these crowns offer superb strength and are a great choice for back teeth.
- Dental bridges are an excellent choice to fill in the gaps caused by missing teeth. They look natural and provide additional tooth surface to help with chewing function. You can replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth with dental bridges. Unlike partials, you don’t ever remove a dental bridge, making them a convenient option.
If you are coping with a damaged, incomplete smile, dental crowns and bridges are the choice to make. To restore your smile to greatness call your general dentist, Dr. Joel Bookout, in Chattanooga, TN. Get started on your strong, beautiful smile by calling today!